Sunday, January 16, 2011

In the sands of time

The reunion/In the sands of time..


Years bygone seem like an abrasive dream
Flash do they in front of my eyes like a blur
Memories of old, flood my wavering mind
like daunting clouds approaching a docile horizon so kind..

As I look into your eyes..
after all these years
Do i still see me, I ask myself
But lost youth reflects back at me
youth lost in the sands of time..

The grains slip out of my hands
like early morning dew off a blade of grass

Unkept promises look me in the eye
with the anguish of an unborn offspring
Dreams unfulfilled stalk me
with the pain of leaves trampled by the unforgiving winter

I feel my throat cracking up
Words created but not delivered
like the love we found
shared only to lose

Your eyes swell up
I long to hold you again..
but I tremble with abject hesitation..
trepidation..

Will it be the same if I run my fingers along your tender skin
If I brush my lips against yours
If I hold you against my chest
Questions created but not delivered...

Woeful silence fills the space between us
Wistful glances exchanged

The mistakes come flooding back to haunt me
Like the roaring waves
Devouring everything.. laying waste..
desolating

The rancor of love left incomplete
of love lost
of love lost..eternally in the sands of time..

No comments:

Post a Comment