Sunday, January 16, 2011

Living on a prayer

What do you pray for?
I pray for restoration of my belief in love
I pray for the belief that love is not just a four letter word
and that it has an existence
I pray, above all for faith

I am not saint
I am replete with faults like any mortal
But I pray I can be the best I can
for those around me and above all for me..

I pray for my resurrection in trust
in a belief that every being is inherently good
I pray above all for faith...
What do you pray for...

I pray so I'm purged of every form of anger
from every feeling of resentment borne out of being dealt with unfairly
from every feeling of aversion towards any foe
What do you pray for?

I pray for peace of mind
to deal with the turmoil around (within?) me
But above all I pray for faith
Faith which is the essence of life itself
For Faith is a torment. It is like loving someone who is out there in the darkness but never appears, no matter how loudly you call...


The last line quoted from the movie 'Det sjunde inseglet' , one of my all time favourite movies :)

No comments:

Post a Comment